Saturday, December 24, 2011

Are foreign car parts really more expensie than american car parts?

By foreign, I mean toyota, honda, suzuki, hyundai, and kia (the latter two seem to be terrible but have great warranties). A dealer told me that the 1997 land cruiser that I was looking at would cost more to fix than an american navigator etc. Is it true? Comparing apples to apples, are japanese car replacement parts more expensive than american cars. Are they more reliable?|||1.SOUNDS LIKE A SALE PITCH TO ME.


2.TOYOTA IS THE BEST THEY HOLD THERE VALUE LONGER.THE PARTS ARE EASIER TO FIND, AND CHEAPER.


3.DEPENDING ON THECAR.


EVERY CAR HAS IT'S PROBLEMS THE REAL TRICK IS TO KNOW WHAT PROBLEMS ARE AND BUYING THE ONE THAT DOSN'T BLOWN AN ENGINE OR TRANS ALL THE TIME|||I'm so glad you asked this question.





As an appraiser, I always get steamed when all a car needs is a little doohicky, but to get it, you have to buy an entire assembly for hundreds of dollars.





All the foreign carmakers are villians when it comes to forcing the consumer to buy entire assemblies. I don't run into this on American cars as much, and I've got to plug Saturn for having the most reasonable part prices in the entire industry.





I drive a 40 year old car, but if I were to buy a new car, I'd get a Saturn.


.|||They might be sleightly more expensive (say 5-10%) due to tariffs mainly.





But they can't be too much more expensive, without benefits such as reliabillity, or else those cars would not sell.





So don't sweat it. They will probably last longer.|||Yeah. My dads old S-10s air filter was alot cheaper than my moms old Honda|||For a change, the dealer told you the truth - Lexus is a bit more expensive to fix than a lincoln BUT the difference is not drastic AND you don't need to fix it on a daily basis... unlike navigator. Not to mention gas mileage.


BTW, what's wrong with buying a smaller but NEW vehicle?|||IMHO I feel that they are more expensive. The American cars are just as good, and now they are even out ranking the foreign cars for safety. I haven't bought any parts for foreign cars in decades. I don't mess with them. but the last parts that I bought were quite expensive as compared to the American counter part.





Get what you want. It is America after all. But think about keeping the money in the US. We have a bad enough trade deficit now no use making it worse. good luck|||I am assuming you are considering buying a car. Here is the bottom line.





Domestic car parts are less expensive and fixing them less expensive than forign cars.





The top Japanese cars are so reliable they break or wear out less often. Japanese cars have higher resale value.





The Japanese cars are therefore better values.|||I have found this to be true many times. If you have a friend at a parts store, you can cross reference the parts and buy the same brand at a lower price.|||No they are not more expensive. Most car parts for American cars are not made in this country. Toyota and Honda products are very reliable. Check out consumer reports April issue.|||Flat Out YES, but they tend to be more reliable but it cost so much more in the long run

No comments:

Post a Comment