Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Can I buy parts of a car from a tow company, if I ordered the car to be towed?

I am a government employee. I had a car towed for violation of CVC 22669, abandoned vehicle. I saw a part of the car I wanted to buy. 30 days has passed, no one has claimed the car, and all the legal requirements have been met. The car is going to be junked by the towing company. Can I legally purchase the car part? And how about ethically? I didn't tow it because I wanted the part, I towed it because it's my job, I saw the part, and if no one claimed it, it would be sold or junked otherwise.|||That sucks! Don't do it dog! Don't do it. Find another bone to eat.|||You need to find who is the rightfull and legal owner of the vehicle and ask the if they will sell it. It could be the bank, the government or the actual person who left it there. It sounds like the government is the owner for what read. If so it's ilegal and anti ethical since you work for the government. But between you and me who's gona know... Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment